niedziela, 2 czerwca 2013


Once upon a time when I was travelling by train, I had very interesting meeting. I was looking for my friend that was already sitting down in the compartment. It was quite crowdy: a lot of football supporters were going for a game. My friend was in a compartment with two guys with scarfs in national colours, in special T-shirts and drinking beer (supporters, not my friend). I appeared holding a book in my hand. I said hallo to Camila and then one of this guys asked me about the book. I don't have a habit to judge peoples during firts meeting. However, what I could thought... But I just gently said the name of the writer and the tittle of the book and I turned back to Camila. But the guy wanted to continue our conversation and he answered 'this one, I don't know'. Obviously. And then It was a portuguese writer, not very famous one. But then he added: 'but if you like portuguese litterature, I reccomend you Fernando Pessoa'. I was so schocked that I couldn't close my mouth. How he could know Pessoa? His quite famous as a writer but.. I looked on Camila: as schocked as me. Then another guy (a friend of the first one, following sleep with a beer in his hand) that obviously needed to notice my open mouth, said to me: 'What? With national T-shirt, it needs to be an idiot?' I said that NO. Of course, no. And I closed my mouth. And we started to talk about Gombrowicz, Pilch... Both of them have really amazing knowledge. After a while, my astonishment was replaced by admiration. What a lesson!



1 komentarz:

  1. This is a great story. It seems the context of a train compartment makes it even more intriguing. "To compartmentalise" means to sort people/things into categories; it seems those guys did not fit the category of a football fan very well, at least as you saw it then. That must have been quite an experience!

    OdpowiedzUsuń